Saturday, July 2, 2011

it's ok, there's always another day...

Life has been so boring. I had smoked a whole pack of ciggerettes and it was only 1 in the afternoon. I was headed over to the DX to see if I could bum a pack off Steve, Soda or Dim, but I knew they wouldn't give me one for free so I found a couple bucks for when my plans failed. I strolled inside, my fingers grazing over the handle of my blade in my pocket. I contemplated useing it to pretend to rob them, and smiled a little to myself.

"What are you grinnin' about little sis?" Steve called to me from the counter, "did Buck last longer then 30 seconds last night?" he chuckled a little.

"Ha ha very funny." I picked out an areo bar from the candy display and put it on the counter "I want a pack of ciggerettes too, please" I said with a fake preppy smile.

"Gimme the dough first kid." Steve got down a pack of my favorite brand.

"But you love me and I have no money" I opened the chocolate and took a bite as he snorted at me.

"Fuck that, you got a job now. I know you have the money" He flicked my forehead and I rolled my eyes. I pulled the money out of my pocket and put it on the counter. He cashed it in and put the change in his empty tip cup. He put on a big smile,"why thank you for the generous tip! I love you kid!" he ruffled up my hair. "Go play in the park now and be home in time for dinner!" I rolled my eyes and grabbed my shit and walked out.

I stuck a cigg in my mouth, lit it and took a long drag. I was bored. I wanted something to do. Something stupid but relitivly safe. And usually in a mood like this, with no rumbles coming up, I walk around the Socs side of town. In my most ripped jeans and a trashy t shirt. I'd only been walking about 35 minutes when I heard the crack of a gun shot. I fell to the ground with a sharp pain in my back. I felt small stings in my cheek and knees where the gravel scraped my skin, but it was nearly pleasure compared to the pain in my back. A fancy red mustang past me with a couple boys and a slut or two screaming their usual greaser! I watched them speed off until they were out of eyesight before I pulled out my phone and called the first person I could think of. "Steve? it's Carson..I can't feel my legs.."

3 comments:

  1. Holy shit! I cried when you called Steve. :( Hope you feel better :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. youre not paralyzed....you're in shock. :( please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, hey. Wanna post so we all know you're alive?

    -Angel(:

    ReplyDelete